BURKE COUNTY, N.C. - A man was seriously hurt after a car crash in Burke County Wednesday morning, officials said.
A trooper said the man was speeding down Highway 181 in Morganton when he ran off the road, causing him to jump the guard rail, and went down the embankment and hit a tree.
Crews said they wanted to airlift him to a nearby hospital, but the weather was too bad.
Officials said it took crews 30 minutes to get the man free.
The crash happened right at the entrance of the Daniel Boone campground.
The victim's condition is unknown at this point.
No other information has been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- Woman attacked while jogging on Charlotte greenway, police say
- Rock Hill man betrayed after attorney pockets $166K mortgage payoff
- 'He was looking forward to heaven': Boy with rare form of dwarfism laid to rest
- New traffic pattern on North Tryon Street causes confusion for drivers
- Man arrested for taking pictures up women's skirt in Michaels, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.