A 15-year-old has been charged with shooting and killing a man in Ballantyne Saturday morning, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
Authorities said the man was shot several times in a domestic-related incident.
The 15-year-old boy has been charged with murder. His identity will not be released due to his age.
Police responded to the 15000 block of Capricorn Lane after dispatchers heard what appeared to be arguments and shots fired during a 911 call that came in at 6:48 a.m.
Officers got to the scene, which is near Old Ardrey Kell Road, and found William Johnston, 43, who was deceased.
The suspect was at the scene when authorities arrived and taken to police headquarters.
This is Charlotte’s 106th homicide of 2019.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Employee intentionally hit, killed in Steele Creek shopping center identified, police say
- Man shot, killed in Ballantyne, CMPD says
- Teen sticks up for woman in fight with boyfriend, gets beaten with table leg
- Family says mother killed by son with mental illness fought to get him help
- NASCAR Hall of Famer and ‘Last American Hero’ Junior Johnson dies at 88
© 2019 Cox Media Group