CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Dozens of doctors are breaking away from Winston-Salem-based Novant Health in the hopes of starting an independent group.
Forty-one physicians are leaving, Novant confirmed Tuesday morning. Full details on where those physicians practices were not immediately available; however, all serve the Charlotte region, Novant says.
“Novant Health and a group of 41 physicians are in the process of revising our business relationship," Novant says in a statement. "Conversations are still taking place about the revised relationship and no further details are available at this time. We will share more information when it is finalized.”
Last summer, 90 physicians left Atrium Health.
Doctors with the Mecklenburg Medical Group sued, asking to leave Atrium and create their own practice.
About 100,000 patients received emails in April letting them know their doctors were leaving.
Read more here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Woman found shot, killed after domestic violence call in east Charlotte
- Officials: Lancaster couple hit patrol cars, ran over officer's legs before shot dead by police
- District 9 election hearing set for Tuesday; Harris won't attend due to illness
- WATCH: Meteorologist Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Coast Guard medevacs woman from cruise ship off North Carolina coast
© 2019 Cox Media Group.