CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Winston-Salem-based Novant Health is prepping to open a 161,000-square-foot hospital in Ballantyne in 2023.
The health-care system expects to invest $154 million in the project, dubbed Ballantyne Medical Center.
Novant filed a certificate-of-need application earlier this week, following a rezoning petition filed with the city of Charlotte in August.
The application was filed in tandem with a similar petition by Atrium Health to invest $116 million into a hospital in Stallings, a town in western Union County.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Gov. Cooper orders flags to fly at half-staff to honor slain NC state trooper
- Grandmother fighting for children months after daughter was shot, killed
- Man accused in Pineville homicide shows up at hospital with gunshot wound
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Thursday forecast outlook
- USDA cites Lazy 5 Ranch in Mooresville with dozens of animal welfare violations
© 2019 Cox Media Group.