CABARRUS COUNTY, N.C. - Deputies said they rescued 49 dogs that were living in horrible conditions at a Cabarrus County home.
The Cabarrus County Sheriff's Office says those dogs are now in the county animal shelter after being taken from the house in Concord.
Deputies said a woman was living with the animals, and it took four trucks and a van to get the dogs to the shelter.
The shelter said the dogs were not in good shape.
Officials told Channel 9 the animals are getting vaccinations and will be put up for adoption once they complete treatment.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Desperate search underway for missing Rowan County man with dementia
- CMPD checkpoint location leads to fiery debate at City Council meeting
- 'It really touched my heart': NC boys stop to honor American flag
- FORECAST: Heavy downpours, gusty winds ahead of brief dry stretch
- Father says he recorded social worker proposing to clear case if they dated
© 2019 Cox Media Group.