CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police have identified the person who was killed in a shooting outside student apartments near the University of North Carolina Charlotte early Saturday morning.
The victim was identified as 18-year-old Christian Malik Estes.
Officials said three other people were injured in the shooting that happened just before 1 a.m. at the 49 North Apartments, right off University City Boulevard.
Police said there was a party at one of the apartments and there was an argument outside when gunfire erupted.
Two men and two women were shot.
Officials said Estes died after he was taken to the hospital. Another man was seriously hurt after being shot in the chest. Both women are expected to be OK, police said.
Police confirmed to Channel 9 that both women who were shot attend UNCC.
No arrests have been made.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Hurricane Dorian: Powerful storm intensifying as it tracks toward U.S with 150 mph winds
- 4 killed in crash involving motorcycle, sedan in west Charlotte
- Police: 1 killed, 3 injured in shooting at apartment complex near UNCC
- FORECAST: Gorgeous Labor Day weekend ahead as Dorian strengthens
- Massive prostitution sting makes 15 arrests at hotel on state line
© 2019 Cox Media Group.