CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Police are investigating after two men were killed and another was seriously injured in a shooting at a southeast Charlotte apartment complex early Sunday morning.
The shooting happened just before 1 a.m. on Electra Lane, off Idlewild Road near Independence Boulevard.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said when officers got to the apartment complex, they found three men with gunshot wounds outside one of the buildings.
Officials said two of the men died at the scene. Police identified them as 33-year-old Gerardo Arellano-Sanchez and 31-year-old Miguel Angel Molina Cruz.
MEDIC transported the third victim to the hospital with serious injuries.
Police have not said what led to the shooting or if any arrests have been made.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new "Follow the Lead" feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
CMPD Major Allen Rutledge told Channel 9 police have few problems with that area and it is typically a quiet neighborhood.
"Talking to the lieutenant, they have very few problems out here. They don't have a lot of issues at this apartment complex," Rutledge said.
No other information has been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 1 dead, another hurt after hit by car during police chase, officials say
- Charlotte woman dies after 'hard landing' while skydiving in Chester Co.
- 3 people, including teen, found stabbed inside northwest Charlotte home
- FORECAST: Steam sticks around all week; not much rain relief
- Deputies: Signs of struggle inside Union County home where man found dead
© 2019 Cox Media Group.