CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Charlotte-Mecklenburg police have arrested two men after a drug trafficking investigation in a neighborhood near the Sugar Creek and Interstate 85 corridor.
CMPD arrested 30-year-old Wendell McCain and 31-year-old Jarvis Reed on Jan. 24 after a narcotics investigation.
They both were charged with possession of a stolen firearm, possession of firearm by convicted felon, trafficking MDMA, trafficking cocaine, trafficking heroin, possession of marijuana with intent to sell, felony possession of marijuana, felony maintaining a dwelling, possession of drug paraphernalia for marijuana, possession of drug paraphernalia not for marijuana, and felony conspiracy.
Officials said officers seized 336 grams of cocaine, 32 grams of heroin, 201 grams of MDMA, 652 grams of marijuana and a stolen gun.
Also, police found $4,433 in cash during the investigation.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man reportedly waving gun, pointing it at passersby leads to officer-involved shooting, police say
- ‘It was absolutely nuts’: Man plowed over by deer in local McDonald’s parking lot
- South Carolina animal refuge seeks ‘piggy cuddlers’ to help socialize rescue pigs
- FORECAST: Shower chances, cool temps pave way for workweek warm up
- Popular NoDa sandwich shop reopens more than a month after co-owner’s slaying
© 2020 Cox Media Group