STATESVILLE, N.C. — A man accused of fatally shooting a 19-year-old at a Statesville party has turned himself in to authorities.
Officers found Emmanuel Teasley suffering from a gunshot wound April 2 at a house on South Lackey Street.
Iredell County EMS pronounced Teasley dead at the scene.
Investigators obtained a murder warrant on Monday for Christopher Moore Jr., 24, of Statesville.
Police said the community’s “tremendous amount of assistance” in the case helped them identify Moore.
Moore turned himself in early Tuesday morning at the Catawba County Sheriff’s Department.
He is being held in the Catawba County Detention Facility under no bond.
A vigil was held for Teasley on what would have been his 20th birthday.
"It's unreal. It's hard to believe that he won't be here, that he won't be here to see his son born," Breaunna Ellison said.
Channel 9 spoke by phone to Teasley's father who said his son grew up in Hartwell, Georgia.
He said Teasley had a passion for music and was expecting a child of his own.
"That child has been robbed of their father," Lionel Hughes said. "There's really no excuse for it."
The case is still under investigation and officials are asking anyone with information to call Statesville Police Department Criminal Investigations Division at 704-878-3515.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: Speed a factor in wreck that killed teen, injured 4 others
- Officials investigating deadly fire near Clover, SC
- Man killed after shot in the head during fight at Statesville party
- CMPD investigating shooting at northeast Charlotte motel
- 17-year-old accidentally killed by friend handling gun, police say
- Police: Body in burning Salisbury apartment was homicide victim
Cox Media Group