LANDIS, N.C. - Several law enforcement agencies are investigating the shooting death of a man in Rowan County.
The shooting happened just after 11 p.m. Friday on Town Street in Landis.
When officers got to the scene, they said they found 51-year-old Timothy Austin Hall dead from an apparent gunshot wound.
Neighbors said they saw a dark SUV pull up to the house and shortly after, they heard a gunshot.
Minutes later, witnesses said there were three more gunshots and then the SUV drove off.
"A few minutes later, maybe seven minutes later, my neighbor approached the fence and said, ‘Can someone call 911? My boyfriend was shot,'" neighbor Dirk Rogers said.
Police have not said what led up to the shooting or if there are any suspects.
Neighbors described Hall as a kind and respectful person.
No one is in custody.
Officials said several agencies are helping the Landis Police Department with the investigation including the North Carolina Bureau of Investigation, the Rowan County Sheriff's Office, the China Grove Police Department and Kannapolis Police Department.
No other information has been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- ICE warns Charlotte could be haven for violent criminals after latest suspect walks free
- VIDEO: Plane was on fire when Earnhardt Jr., family escaped crash
- 'It's sad': Beloved street preacher brutally attacked inside apartment
- FORECAST: Rain chances stay low across region as heat wave rolls on
- UNC professor, girls' softball coach among 14 arrested in prostitution raid
© 2019 Cox Media Group.