PAGELAND, S.C. - One person is dead after a domestic-related incident early Thursday morning in Pageland, according to police.
Officers were called around 12:20 a.m. to a home on West Turner Street, where they said a man and woman were arguing.
When police got to the home they heard a woman screaming inside. While speaking with her the officers heard several gunshots being fired inside the house.
Police were able to get the woman and two children out of the home safely.
Police told Channel 9 reporter Greg Suskin that the man involved killed himself inside the home as officers were trying to make contact with him
SLED officials arrived at the scene around 1 a.m. and authorities tried using a loudspeaker to talk to Markee Crawford, but did not hear from him. They eventually sent a robot into the house and found him dead from what appeared to be a self-inflicted gunshot wound.
The investigation is still ongoing.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police identify father killed after being hit by several cars, dragged 1,000 feet
- NC deputies fired 8 gunshots to subdue lion after fatal attack
- Police: Man found dead after domestic-related incident in Pageland
- WATCH: Severe Weather Center 9's Thursday forecast outlook
- Attorney: Harris plans to meet with Board of Elections investigators Thursday
© 2019 Cox Media Group.