CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Police are investigating after a man was shot to death early Sunday outside a southwest Charlotte bar.
Shots rang out just before 2:30 a.m. in the parking lot of Trap Bar and Billiards on Westinghouse Boulevard.
When officers got to the bar they found James McKnight, 34, in the parking lot suffering from a gunshot wound. He was taken to the hospital, where he died.
Authorities have not said what led up to the shooting or if any arrests have been made.
Officers worked all morning to gather evidence from the scene and determine if there are other witnesses to the shooting.
Minutes earlier, police responded to a separate homicide at an apartment complex on Deanna Lane in south Charlotte, where a man was shot and killed outside one of the buildings.
Police said there is no indication the cases are connected.
Less than two weeks ago, someone was killed in the same plaza but just two businesses over. On Feb. 5, police said someone shot and killed a man inside a Mexican restaurant in the area.
La Poblanita had just closed for the night when police said Raheem Fuller ran in and shot and killed Juan Hernandez. Fuller has been arrested and faces several charges.
No other information has been released.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Daughter says elderly father was left outside in cold rain for hours ‘like he was trash’
- 'It will never be the same’: Earnhardt Jr. alters approach to flying after plane crash
- Autopsy results to be released for slain 6-year-old SC girl, dead neighbor
- FORECAST: Mild and sunny Presidents Day before rain returns midweek
- Deputy off the job after video shows him punching handcuffed teen at hospital
© 2020 © 2020 Cox Media Group