SILER CITY, N.C. - Someone is putting razor blades under handles at the Walmart in Siler City, which is about 35 miles south of Greensboro, police said.
Blades have been found on carts there and police think two men could be responsible.
Two people have been hurt and Walmart management said that so far, six blades have been found.
On Sunday, one customer reported suffering cuts from one of the tainted carts.
In a Facebook post, the department said the incident may be related to a shoplifting case.
Police described one person of interest as a man in his early to mid-20s. He has a thin build and brown hair. Police also said that man was driving a tan, late-model GMC SUV or Chevrolet Suburban.
Police said the second person of interest was a passenger in the SUV. He was described as about 40 years old and about 5 feet, 5 inches tall with a medium build and brown hair with a thick beard and light mustache.
Siler City Police said the man was last seen in a yellow hat, a blue shirt with the Mopar logo on it, along with a dark jacket and pants and work boots. Police later said the T-Shirt had a Carhartt logo.
"We are aware of the situation and are working closely with law enforcement," Walmart told Channel 9's sister station, WTVD. "This is an active police investigation, and as such, we would refer any additional questions to them."
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD: Stabbing may have led to crash, house fire in east Charlotte
- Charlotte region doctors prepare to leave Novant Health two months early
- Fiance of woman held captive by serial killer stabs self to death, coroner says
- FORECAST: Snow, freezing rain to fall in mountains; just rain closer to Charlotte
- Attorney: Panthers seem like 'natural place' for QB Colin Kaepernick
© 2019 Cox Media Group.