CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Natasha Tucker said she's been without heat for weeks in her home at Lake Arbor apartments.
Mold and rats have also been reported at the complex in Charlotte.
[Lake Arbor Apartments fined nearly $750 in fire safety violations]
There have been repairs made, but there are still a lot more issues to fix.
Multiple residents said they've been waiting for weeks to get their heat repaired.
Maintenance needs to fix that problem in 48 hours.
Tucker has been without heat for three weeks and has several other issues in her apartment. She is concerned about her safety.
We've reported on past complaints at this same apartment complex.
“Those pictures you see going around in the media came from this apartment, out of that cabinet,” Tucker said.
The city of Charlotte is involved and a few months ago, the property owner agreed to make repairs in phases.
The city says there are 115 units that have been brought up to code, but there are 208 that are still being watched closely.
The city also says nine units are considered safety risks and those residents had to move.
“I merely am the voice for those afraid to speak,” Tucker said.
There is a hearing for four of these units in environment court in March.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Warrants out for man who met with missing Rowan County teenage girl
- All lanes reopened hours after SUV damages sign on I-77 in Huntersville
- Employee shot twice during robbery at Kannapolis cab company
- WATCH: Meteorologist Keith Monday's Friday forecast outlook
- HOLIDAY TRAVEL: Interstates, airports filled with record number of travelers
Cox Media Group