CHESTER COUNTY, S.C. - Authorities say a former Chester County sheriff's deputy has been arrested after he promised to go easy on a woman's criminal charges if she gave him nude photos and performed sex acts on him, according to The Herald.
Bryant Joseph Thorpe Jr., 31, was booked Friday on charges of taking bribes and accepting money to conceal an offense involving a misdemeanor, and misconduct in office, according to online Chester County jail records obtained by The Herald.
New warrants obtained by the newspaper reveal Thorpe arrested the woman last September for harassment and filing a false police report.
According to the warrants, for the next three months, the former deputy "had her perform sexual acts on him" and asked for nude photos, implying he would be lenient in her criminal case.
State Law Enforcement Division officers arrested Thorpe Friday.
Thorpe was terminated from his job at the Sheriff’s Office Thursday, according to the sheriff.
Thorpe was released on a personal recognizance bond, The Herald reported.
Thorpe was Chester County’s deputy of the quarter in August 2018, according to the Sheriff’s Office.
The investigation is ongoing.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 'She's a good girl': Mother caught in crossfire shot, killed in north Charlotte
- Few answers after SC 5th grader dies in elementary school fight
- CMPD chief fields questions from neighbors days after officer kills armed man
- FORECAST: Warm and sunny to usher in weekend ahead of cold front
- ‘It was a bizarre sequence of events': Burglar targets Union Co. neighborhood
© 2019 Cox Media Group.