COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. — South Carolina state police released the 911 calls related to Gloria Satterfield’s accidental fall at the Murdaugh family’s home in 2018.
On the phone is Maggie Murdaugh, who is the late wife of attorney Alex Murdaugh. Maggie revealed her housekeeper, Satterfield, fell down the 8-step brick stairway at the front of the family’s home.
“Where did she fall from?” dispatch can be heard asking.
“From the ... she fell going up the steps, up the brick steps,” Maggie said.
- Lawsuits: Murdaugh used attorney friend to manipulate
- Murdaugh murders: Attorney Alex Murdaugh turns self in on charges he plotted own killing
- Cops probe 2018 death of Murdaugh family housekeeper amid arrest in dad’s botched suicide
- SC murder mystery: Missing law firm money is 5th investigation into Murdaughs
- Police: SC lawyer Murdaugh arranged own death but shot grazed; arrest made
- Prominent SC lawyer whose wife, son were killed has law license suspended
- Murdaugh murders: S.C. attorney accused of stealing from law firm in wake of family tragedy
- Law firm says prominent SC attorney whose wife, son were killed took money
- Prominent South Carolina attorney shot months after wife, son killed
- Murdaugh murders: Son, matriarch of prominent S.C. legal family gunned down at hunting lodge
While giving information to the dispatcher, Maggie relays that Satterfield appeared to have fallen again. Maggie then passed the phone to a male family member who is believed to be her son, Paul, based on comparison to another recording of his voice.
Both Maggie and Paul became agitated with the dispatcher’s repeated questions during the call.
“Do you guys know who she is?” the dispatcher asked.
“Yes, she works for us,” the man said.
“Ok. Do you know if she’s ever had a stroke or anything before?” the dispatcher then asked.
“Ma’am can you stop asking all these questions?” the man said.
“I already have them on the way. I already have them on the way. Me asking questions does not slow them down in any way. These are relevant questions I have to ask for the ambulance,” the dispatcher said.
Satterfield died weeks later of complications from a traumatic brain injury suffered in the fall.
Alex Murdaugh is being sued for allegedly stealing life insurance money meant for Satterfield’s surviving sons. There is reportedly a $7 million settlement in the case.
Maggie and Paul Murdaugh were found murdered in June, outside of the same Colleton County home where Satterfield fell. Alex has been named a person of interest, but no arrests or suspects have been announced in that case.
(WATCH BELOW: Murdaugh charged with taking insurance money in maid’s death)
©2021 Cox Media Group