YORK COUNTY, S.C. - The York County Sheriff has fired another officer for having sex with an inmate.
The sheriff said someone accused Officer Brandon Hay of having sex with an inmate at the detention center Wednesday.
Officials said the sheriff fired Hay after an internal investigation.
Last year, four York County investigators lost their jobs after they were accused of having sex while on the job.
Four others were disciplined.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- CMPD makes arrest connected with 2009 homicide of pregnant girl
- Sheriff: York Co. officer fired after accused of having sex with inmate
- Police identify shooter who allegedly killed man during fight in York Co.
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- TRACKING: Florence expected to regain hurricane strength over weekend
© 2019 Cox Media Group.