CHARLOTTE, N.C. - There is a new push to relax marijuana laws in North Carolina.
In this case, it's not so much about allowing anyone to buy it or smoke it, it's more about not clogging jails with suspects arrested on minor drug charges.
In the video at the top of this webpage, Channel 9's Elsa Gillis spoke with the lawmakers behind this effort.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Hundreds of dead jellyfish, shrimp, crabs wash up on South Carolina beach
- 'I'm going to be a seeker of justice': CMPD chief hears Charlotte's concerns
- Settlement reached with Whitewater Center in teen's brain-eating amoeba death
- FORECAST: Clear and pleasant before humid air, storms arrive
- Proposed legislation penalizes fight witnesses who don’t call for help
© 2019 Cox Media Group.