CALDWELL COUNTY, N.C. - A teenager was airlifted to the hospital after an accidental shooting Thursday morning in Caldwell County, deputies said.
It happened off Ike Starnes Road in the Grace Chapel area.
Investigators said the 18-year-old was walking in his yard with a gun in his hand, when he tripped and it went off.
A witness said it appeared the teenager was able to talk after the shooting.
Channel 9 spoke with a neighbor who is asking for prayers.
“I put it on Facebook that everybody needs to pray for him, because he obviously needs it. He was on a stretcher. He looked pretty good to have shot himself in the head, you know,” neighbor Timothy Spears said.
We don't know the teen's condition. No other details were released.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com
- Man taken into custody after SWAT situation at home in Catawba County
- Innocent bystander on sidewalk hit by flipped-over vehicle during domestic dispute
- Man with concealed-carry holds suspect, accused of crashing into cars, at bay
- FORECAST: Preview of fall continues with cooler temps and sunshine
- Charlotte woman demands money back after saying vacation went bad
© 2019 Cox Media Group.