With the application period quickly approaching, a new national ranking of colleges and universities shows just one Charlotte-area school landing high on the list.
For its 2019 roundup, WalletHub ranked schools based on a variety of measures. The study focused on 30 key measures grouped into seven categories, such as student selectivity, cost and financing, and career outcomes. The site analyzed 1,000 national schools, looking at data ranges from student-faculty ratio to graduation rate to post-attendance median salary.
Davidson College, a private liberal arts school located about 21 miles north of uptown, was the lone college from the Charlotte region to be among the top 10 in the Tar Heel state.
See where Davidson landed and check out the rest of the top 10 here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Sisters harassed at Charlotte apartments were turned away before viral video
- Jurors convict dad in under an hour in baby's diaper rash death
- Statesville family on cruise ship that listed at sea: 'It felt like a scene from Titanic'
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Thursday forecast outlook
- Thousand Oaks shooting: 12 killed, including deputy, at California bar; suspect also dead
© 2018 Cox Media Group.