CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Officers with the Transportation Security Administration prevented an Indiana man from boarding a plane with a loaded handgun Tuesday morning at Charlotte Douglas International Airport.
TSA officials said they found a Glock Model 42 .380 caliber pistol in the man’s carry-on bag as it passed through an X-ray machine at Checkpoint A.
Officials said the Charlotte-Mecklenburg police were contacted after the gun was discovered and responded to the checkpoint.
CMPD officers questioned the man and cited him for carrying a weapon on airport property, officials said.
TSA officers have detected three firearms at CLT checkpoints this year, officials said, while 68 firearms were found in 2017.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 6 gang members with ties to Lake Wylie couple's slayings sentenced
- Family warns of dangers after 21-year-old dies of flu complications
- WATCH: Gators poke snouts out of ice to survive cold at NC park
- CMPD: Alcohol a factor in crash that killed 1, injured 3 north of uptown
- VIDEO: Keith Monday’s Tuesday forecast update
- School and business closing alerts
© 2018 Cox Media Group.