CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Two men are recovering at the hospital after someone drove up to a northwest Charlotte home and opened fire Saturday night.
Officers said several people were having a barbecue at a home on Welling Avenue near Blenhein Road just before 9 p.m. when the shooting happened.
According to authorities, one victim was shot several times and was taken to a local hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
The second victim was grazed with a bullet and is expected to be OK.
Authorities have not said what led to the shooting and no arrests have been made.
No other details have been released at this point.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 6-year-old girl hit by pickup truck while waiting for school bus in Lancaster County dies at hospital
- All residents displaced after massive fire destroys southwest Charlotte apartment building
- Fire in Charlotte Douglas control tower leads to employee evacuations
- FORECAST: Mild temps, sunny skies to continue through weekend
- Suspect charged after man found shot to death outside north Charlotte home
© 2020 Cox Media Group