CHARLOTTE, N.C. - While responding to dozens of crashes during Florence, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police took drastic measures to rescue a driver who lost consciousness while driving through uptown.
Police said the driver was suffering from a medical condition when the car crashed into another vehicle and then, kept going.
An officer rushed up to the car and smashed out one of the windows, but the driver did not stop right away.
Officers were able to eventually get the car stopped and pulled the driver from the vehicle.
MEDIC responded and transported the driver to the hospital.
No other information has been released at this time.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- DAMAGE REPORTS: Florence topples trees, shuts down roads across region
- MINUTE-BY-MINUTE: Flood risk rises as Florence weakens to tropical depression
- Looters raid Wilmington Family Dollar; police pull back at management request
- WATCH: Keith Monday and Jaclyn Shearer's Sunday forecast outlook
- CMPD officer rescues motorist suffering from medical emergency while driving
© 2019 Cox Media Group.