CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Wells Fargo is facing another scandal.
The company said it overcharged customers.
Officials at Wells Fargo said they are setting aside nearly $300 million for refunds.
This comes after a third party investigated the bank's foreign-exchange business.
The investigation showed Charlotte's largest banking employer gave inconsistent pricing and incorrect fees to customers.
Channel 9 has investigated Wells Fargo before and reported to you the bank faced numerous issues over the last few years.
One of these issues was having to pay customers rebates for opening fake accounts in their name, forcing them to get car insurance, and charging them mortgage fees they did not deserve.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Myrtle Beach named one of the 'most dangerous' cities in the country
- Wells Fargo faces new scandal after overcharging customers
- Sharpshooting officer deemed 'hero' after striking man holding hostages at Harris Teeter
- WATCH: Jaclyn Shearer's Saturday forecast outlook
- 6, 600 gallons of untreated wastewater overflows into area of Lyle Creek
© 2019 Cox Media Group.