CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Graduation season is upon us, and for most graduates that means one of two things come to mind: more school or a new job.
For those living in Charlotte who are in the “find a job” camp, you’re in a place that ranks in the top half in the nation to embark on your professional journey.
The Queen City ranked No. 34 on WalletHub’s list of Best Cities to Start a Career. The study compared more than 180 U.S. cities based on 29 key indicators of career-friendliness, including projected population growth, housing affordability, annual job growth rate and workforce diversity.
Both Raleigh and Durham ranked ahead of Charlotte on the list, at No. 8 and No. 17, respectively.
Read more here on how the Queen City stacked up on a few of the key metrics.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: Man stabbed to death in South End gas station parking lot
- Police: Suspect, victim likely knew each other in University City shooting
- CMPD officer charged with giving 1-year-old, 6-year-old alcohol
- FORECAST: Rain chances low as temperatures climb into the 90s
- Hurricane season is weeks away, but storm could be brewing in Atlantic
© 2019 Cox Media Group.