CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Families priced out of their homes, not able to afford to live in the city where they work.
Channel 9 has been looking into Charlotte's affordable housing crisis for years.
We looked through new numbers from Rent.com and found the top five neighborhoods with the highest jump in rent prices over a one-year period:
- Madison Park: 22.5% increase
- South End: 17% increase
- Southside Park: 14.5% increase
- Hickory Ridge: 14.3% increase
- East Forest: 12.6% increase
>> Watch the video above as we break down the impact the rising prices are having across the city.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Crowd of teens runs amuck through Concord Mills, frightening customers, witnesses say
- Cabarrus County scammed out of $2.5 million
- Teen sets home on fire by mistake, family barely escapes, police say
- FORECAST: Rising heat, humidity create uncomfortable conditions
- Arrests in Pineville may be part of larger crime ring, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.