CHARLOTTE, N.C. - An out-of-town craft brewery that had plans to open an operation in Charlotte’s South End has listed its property on the market.
Atlanta-based New Realm Brewing Co. — formerly American Beerworks — has listed the property at 1700 and 1708 South Blvd., on the market. The group rezoned the site, at the corner of South Boulevard and West Kingston Avenue, in early 2018 to allow transit-oriented development, which would have included a brewery and a beer garden in New Realm’s proposal but can accommodate a range of commercial uses.
New Realm said in a statement that the property is now too small for its capacity needs. However, a spokeswoman for confirms the brewery still has an interest in opening a location in Charlotte.
Read the full story here.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Charlotte woman, boyfriend murdered while traveling in Canada
- Former employee charged with embezzling $200K+ from Charlotte nonprofit
- CMS superintendent out: Clayton Wilcox will resign after two years on job
- FORECAST: Heat advisory in effect for Charlotte region
- Why this brewery put its South End building on the market
© 2019 Cox Media Group.