CHARLOTTE, N.C. — Vivace served its last customers at the Metropolitan complex on New Year’s Eve.
The timing coincides with the end of the Italian eatery’s lease — but multiple factors played into the decision to close this midtown Charlotte restaurant, says Kevin Jennings.
“We weren’t in a position where we wanted to double down on that space,” he says.
Jennings and wife Stacey are behind Raleigh-based Urban Food Group, which also operates Bar Marcel and Civetta in Charlotte.
Vivace was Urban Food’s first foray into the Queen City.
Read more here about why the Jennings decided to close the restaurant and what comes next.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- East Charlotte school abruptly closes, leaving parents, students in limbo
- ‘Please turn yourself in’: Suspect trying to steal car attacks NC woman with baseball bat, police say
- Loved ones to say final goodbyes to 13-year-old girl killed in Concord Mills shooting
- FORECAST: Light showers remain in metro; Winter Weather Advisory issued in High Country
- Why this Italian restaurant’s owner decided to close after New Year’s Eve
© 2020 Cox Media Group