SHELBY, N.C. - A woman crashed her car Sunday morning after being shot in the stomach, police said.
Detectives are still searching for the gunman, according to Channel 9's partners at the Shelby Star.
The shooting happened around 10 a.m., when the woman was shot once before crashing behind a hotel on West Dixon Boulevard.
She is expected to recover.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Carolina Place Mall reopens after fatal shooting involving DTLR employee
- Severely burned man struck, killed by car after escaping house fire in Chesterfield Co.
- WATCH: Dozens of firefighters battle massive flames at historic Lenoir plant
- WATCH: Severe Weather Center 9's Monday forecast outlook
- Police: Girl knocked to ground after being pushed, punched by man at Asheville mall
© 2019 Cox Media Group.