MIAMI — Jose re-strengthened into a Category 1 hurricane Friday afternoon far off the coast of North Carolina.
There is no current threat to land.
Jose is centered about 360 miles northeast of the southeastern Bahamas and is moving west-northwest near 8 mph.
Meanwhile, a new tropical depression has formed far out over the Atlantic and is expected to become a tropical storm. The U.S. National Hurricane Center says the depression's maximum sustained winds are near 35 mph and it's forecast to strengthen to a tropical storm later in the day or on Saturday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police: 5-year-old NC girl found locked in closet without food
- Woman claims sexual assault on red-eye flight to Charlotte
- Jose expected to become a hurricane again in the Atlantic
- WATCH: Keith Monday's weekend forecast outlook
- Homeowner shot during late night home invasion, attempted robbery
- Man shot to death during police confrontation in Myrtle Beach