ANDERSON, S.C. - Authorities are investigating the deaths of a woman and her daughter found inside their South Carolina home.
Anderson County Coroner Greg Shore told media outlets the bodies of 79-year-old Judith Calvert and 50-year-old Theresa Wright were found Sunday afternoon.
Shore said a relative who hadn't been able to get in touch with the women by phone went to the house, found a door unlocked and discovered the bodies in a bedroom.
A cause of death hasn't been released, but Shore said the women were "violently killed." Autopsies were expected to be performed on Monday.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Coroner: Woman, daughter were 'violently killed' at SC home
- I-85 closed for hours after motorcyclist killed in multi-vehicle crash
- Man who died in Salisbury plant was 'loving father, son, friend' mom says
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Shelby police investigating shooting, shots fired at officers
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.