ORANGEBURG, S.C. - Grieving relatives of a boy accidentally killed by his father while hunting in South Carolina said his organs have saved the lives of three other children.
News outlets report Vince Furtick said on Facebook that the kidneys and liver of his grandson, 9-year-old Colton Williams, have been donated. Family members said the kidneys went to two other children in South Carolina and the liver went to a child in Virginia.
Williams was fatally shot on Thanksgiving while rabbit hunting with his father and a family friend in Springfield in Orangeburg County. Furtick said friends from across the South attended the boy’s funeral on Sunday.
Williams was a fourth-grader at Kelly Edwards Elementary School in Williston. The school district said counselors will be available at the school throughout the week.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Carolina Panthers' 4-game skid leaves questions about Rivera's future
- Suspect accused of killing man outside Charlotte apartments to face judge
- CEO of Charlotte Center City Partners on plans for ‘iconic' bridge to link uptown, South End
- FORECAST: Schools closed as winter weather moves into High Country
- 'We're going to call her Sky': Mother delivers baby girl at Charlotte airport
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.