GREENVILLE, S.C. - A man who South Carolina authorities say wanted to use a child as a "sex slave" and eat a child has been sentenced to probation.
News outlets quote court records as saying 36-year-old Justin Teeter Bensing, of Myrtle Beach, pleaded guilty to two counts of criminal solicitation of a minor and was sentenced Aug. 9 to 10 years in prison, but the sentence was suspended to five years of probation.
A sentencing sheet obtained from the Greenville County Clerk of Court's Office says Bensing was diagnosed with autism and considered low risk. The judge said no prior criminal charges were also among the factors determining Bensing's sentence.
Bensing had been accused of soliciting an undercover officer he thought was a girl. Arrest warrants said Bensing asked if she was "ready to be a full-time baby maker and sex slave."
Bensing's attorney James Brehm said Saturday that the cannibalism comments were Bensing joking with someone else and unrelated to the investigation.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- 4 suspects in custody after crashing stolen truck during police chase
- Protesters topple Confederate statue 'Silent Sam' on UNC campus
- Colorado man admits wife's murder, blames her for daughters' deaths
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Owner of company working on I-77 tolls arrested for DWI, troopers say
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.