CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Emergency Crews are on scene after a large tree crushed a west Charlotte home and trapped a couple in a house nearby.
The house was on Ruby Street, near Tuckaseegee Road and Freedom Drive.
Crews said no one was injured, but crushed several cars and blocked people inside another house nearby.
The people inside that home called the Channel 9 newsroom, and even though they could not go anywhere, they stepped outside to talk about the chaotic moments after the tree fell.
"I was in the shower and I heard something go boom, and I ran out of the shower and I heard my wife screaming in the bedroom and the car alarm going off and I opened up the door and seen the tree had crushed everything," Keister Coleman said.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Stanly Co. sheriff: Suspect charged after 19-year-old woman dies from severe beating
- Some residents along Catawba River begin to evacuate homes as rain continues
- 'I heard my wife screaming': Tree crushes west Charlotte home, traps nearby residents
- FORECAST: Flood threat remains as Charlotte region enters day 4 of rain
- Car show participants have cars stolen from hotel parking lot in north Charlotte
© 2019 Cox Media Group.