CONCORD, N.C. - A Concord neighborhood was filled with police Sunday afternoon after a shooting.
Police said they responded to a home on Ramsgate Drive around 4:30 p.m. after someone was shot.
According to Concord police, the victim was rushed to a hospital with serious injuries.
Eyewitness News reporter Briana Harper spotted investigators searching the woods behind the home for evidence that could help lead them to the shooter.
Neighbors told Channel 9 that they couldn't believe a shooting happened so close to home.
"As far as I know, it's quiet, calm and all my neighbors next to me, they are cool and calm. That's something weird," said neighbor Mohamed Deeb.
Officers said the shooting wasn't random and they believe the shooter and victim knew each other.
No names have been released.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- North Carolina father killed after wave off Oak Island breaks neck
- Deputies: Man drowns on Lake Norman after jumping off pontoon boat
- Charlotte woman, boyfriend murdered while traveling in Canada
- FORECAST: Heat wave rolls on with workweek relief in sight
- Where Charlotte lands among best big cities to live
© 2019 Cox Media Group.