WADESBORO, N.C. — A 25-year-old man was shot Tuesday in the area of the State Employees Credit Union in Wadesboro, police said.
Officers were called to the scene and saw two vehicles speeding off. One of the vehicles stopped, but the other kept going, police said.
A chase led officers to Atrium Health-Anson in Wadesboro. Officers discovered the shooting victim, Damario Kendrell Washington, inside the vehicle and he was admitted into the hospital with serious injuries.
Washington was then airlifted to a hospital in Charlotte.
A warrant has been issued for Michael Jaqualin D’Anthony Chambers, 18. He is being charged with attempt to kill with malice and forethought and assault with a deadly weapon intent to kill or inflict serious injury.
No further information has been released.
Anyone with information is asked to speak with an investigator at the Wadesboro Police Department: 704-694-2167.
>> Reading this story in our app? The new “Follow the Lead” feature allows you to tap the blue tag indicated with a '+' to subscribe to alerts on the very latest breaking news updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Hundreds stand in cold, rain to apply for affordable housing at new development
- Charlotte airport worker’s parents demand justice, call his death ‘preventable’
- Plans to relieve congestion on Independence Boulevard include optional toll lanes
- FORECAST: On again, off again rain pattern continues with sunny skies Tuesday
- NTSB: No black box on Bryant’s helicopter
© 2020 Cox Media Group