CHARLOTTE, N.C. - An American Eagle airplane made contact with a tug on a ramp near Terminal E Wednesday at Charlotte Douglas airport, officials said.
The fire department and medical personnel responded. The tug driver was injured and taken to the hospital.
Channel 9 saw damage to the wing of the aircraft.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating the incident.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Union Co. communities mourn 3 young people killed in crashes
- 5 dead after Florida nursing home left without power by Irma
- Mayor Pro Tem Lyles defeats incumbent Mayor Roberts in primary
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Arrest made after man shot to death inside car; Charlotte's 64th homicide
© 2018 Cox Media Group.