WAKE COUNTY, N.C. — An Amber Alert for a missing 9-year-old boy in Wake County was canceled after he was found safe, WTVD reported.
Bentley Stancil reportedly went missing from his home in Wendell Tuesday morning while heading to his school bus stop. The sheriff’s office said the boy did not get onto the bus, according to WTVD.
Around 10 a.m. that day, the boy was seen running into a wooded area near the Hardees on Wendell Boulevard, the sheriff’s office said.
In a news conference Wednesday morning, deputies said Stancil had been spotted in video surveillance footage from nearby businesses. They also said they believed he was on foot.
On Wednesday just before 12:30 p.m., authorities canceled the Amber Alert for Stancil, confirming he had been found. WTVD reported he was found safe in a camper. The camper was in an area that had been previously searched.
He was found after a tip came in about his location, WTVD reported.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
(WATCH BELOW: Newly released warrants detail moments before murder of Wake County deputy)
©2022 Cox Media Group