CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A metal detector will be installed at Atrium Behavioral Health Wednesday.
This comes after one was added to the emergency room at Atrium’s CMC-Main in Charlotte.
The health system said it will install more metal detectors at various locations so people feel safe.
It's part of a heightened security effort that was announced in August.
“I used to work at a family practice, and we have had angry patients leave and punch walls and things, so I would hate to think if someone had a gun," a former medical professional told Channel 9.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Pastor seriously hurt after home next to Mount Holly church catches fire
- Channel 9 uncovers similarities between absentee ballots in U.S. House District 9 race
- Teen accused of selling drugs from upscale Ballantyne hotel
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Tuesday forecast outlook
- Who is McCrae Dowless, man who appears to be center of 9th District investigation?
© 2019 Cox Media Group.