CHARLOTTE, N.C. — A baggage handler at Charlotte Douglas International Airport accused of stealing from passengers has been arrested Tuesday, Charlotte-Mecklenburg police said.
Marlow Hayes, 39, is charged with misdemeanor larceny.
Investigators said a passenger who'd checked her luggage on a Frontier Airlines Flight got to Florida and noticed her computer tablet was missing.
She tracked the tablet to a home off West Boulevard. A man told police he bought it from a customer at his barbershop.
Police are investigating a total of seven thefts -- five of which happened while Hayes was working.
Read more trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Clinton, Obama rally supporters in Charlotte; Trump takes stage in Raleigh
- Carowinds says group of kids caused disturbance at park Monday night
- Pres. Obama, Hillary Clinton stop at Midwood Smokehouse in Charlotte
- CMPD candidate collapses, dies during training Tuesday
- Former National Guard member charged with plotting to help ISIS
Cox Media Group