KINGS MOUNTAIN, N.C. — A portion of Highway 74 in Kings Mountain was closed for hours while state troopers investigated a fatal hit-and-run crash involving a bicyclist.
The collision happened just after 4 a.m. in the eastbound lanes of Highway 74, just past Business 74.
Troopers have not identified the victim but did tell Channel 9 that the man who was killed was from Florida.
Investigators said several vehicles struck the victim, who was pronounced dead at the scene. The vehicle which initially struck the man did not stop, troopers said. They are looking for a Chevrolet Silverado with some front-end damage.
Channel 9 crews could see the badly damaged bicycle beneath a white sedan at the scene.
Check back with wsoctv.com for updates on this story.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Bicyclist killed after being struck by several vehicles in Kings Mountain
- Man accused of speeding 102 mph leads troopers on high-speed chase
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- Rush hour crowds ride Blue Line Extension after successful weekend opening
- 2 Charlotte area teens heading to Hollywood on 'American Idol'
Cox Media Group