CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Earth Fare hits a milestone this week as it opens its 50th store.
The Asheville-based organic and natural goods grocer marks that occasion when its Steele Creek store opens at 7 a.m. on Wednesday, following a ribbon-cutting event.
That 24,000-square-foot store — the brand’s seventh in the Charlotte market — is located in the RiverGate Park Development at 14124 Steele Creek Road.
It also makes it neighbors with the likes of Publix and Harris Teeter.
“There’s certainly room for us to provide healthier alternatives compared to what our competitors do,” says Frank Scorpiniti, chief executive.
Scorpiniti spoke with the Charlotte Business Journal on Tuesday about what’s next for the grocer.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Casey Hathaway missing: NC 3-year-old vanishes from grandma's backyard
- Woman reportedly kidnapped, raped by Uber driver after leaving uptown club
- Father warns parents after son breaks both ankles at Hickory trampoline park
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Wednesday forecast outlook
- Mom who gave birth on side of road allegedly used same car to run meth operation
© 2019 Cox Media Group.