CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte Douglas International Airport officials said they expect to draw large crowds over the next couple of days as the summer travel season begins.
Officials said they expect close to 32,000 people to travel through the airport Thursday and Friday to kick off their Memorial Day plans.
According to airline officials, from now until early September, they expect 60,000 or more passengers this time of year than on any other regular day.
Watch the video above as airport officials walk Channel 9's Briana Harper through their plan to keep travelers safe this summer.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Driver killed when thrown from SUV in Gastonia, police say
- 'It bit me': Woman uses 2x4 to fight off fox outside Concord home
- Nobody hurt after 'catastrophic failure' of roof at Lincoln County factory
- FORECAST: Morning showers before heat wave grips region
- 2 teens charged after bus stop bullying caught on surveillance camera
© 2019 Cox Media Group.