CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools announced all CMS high schools will dismiss students at 1 p.m. Friday.
The modified dismissal is because of technical issues caused by testing software across North Carolina.
Officials said some high schools experienced delays in exam start times Friday morning, but reported the issues were resolved by the North Carolina Department of Instruction.
All CMS High Schools To Dismiss Students at 1:00 pm on Friday, January 18
CMS high schools will dismiss students at 1:00 pm on Friday, January 18. CMS Transportation has arranged for pick-up time adjustments from CMS high schools as necessary. These delays were caused by technical issues across North Carolina with testing software. Some high schools experienced a delay in exam testing start times this morning. These issues were resolved quickly by the North Carolina Department of Instruction (NCDPI). CMS appreciates the understanding of all CMS students, families and staff to allow time for all students to do their best on exams today.
CMS said CMS transportation will be arranged for the adjusted dismissal time.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- SC man angry over wait for McDonald's fries throws hot coffee at worker
- Arson in Elizabeth community leads to SWAT team storming Pineville home
- 'God put me on that road for a reason': Nurse helps save trooper shot in face
- FORECAST: Brief warm-up won't last long ahead of another wet weekend
- Charlotte pastor fought off attacker who was fatally shot by police officer
© 2019 Cox Media Group.