CHARLOTTE, N.C. - There's a new cafe open in Charlotte benefitting people who have been through great hardships like homelessness and drug and alcohol addiction.
The Charlotte Rescue Mission opened Community Matters Cafe Tuesday, where the people who serve you are in the process of healing.
"This is social enterprise," Ed Price from the Charlotte Rescue Mission said. "This is funded privately and it operates as a business in a non-profit environment so every dollar we earn and keep here goes back into programs for the residents."
Watch the video above as Eyewitness News reporter Gina Esposito learned how it is helping people transition back into the community.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Injured gymnast from Huntersville undergoes surgery on both knees
- Anson County deputy accused of planting drugs as part of revenge plot
- Father charged with murder after boy found dead in Union County home
- TRACKING: Clean up begins as threat of more afternoon storms looms
- 600-pound black bear killed when car slams into it on NC highway
© 2019 Cox Media Group.