CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Officials with the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said Crime Stoppers tips led to hundreds of arrests in 2017.
In the numbers released Wednesday morning, police said they paid out almost $38,000 to people who called in and provided tips to Crime Stoppers last year -- almost three times as much as in 2016.
CMPD officials said the tips led to seven homicide and 23 robbery arrests, along with the arrests of more than 200 fugitives.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Man struck, killed while riding bike in Catawba County, troopers say
- Chip Gaines announces baby No. 5 on the way
- Coroner identifies woman killed in crash with tractor-trailer in Rock Hill
- WATCH: Keith Monday’s Wednesday forecast outlook
- Deputy killed in Colorado ambush lived in Union County
© 2018 Cox Media Group.