CHARLOTTE, N.C. - Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are investigating after a mother and her 3-year-old daughter were shot while in an apartment in east Charlotte.
The shooting occurred just after 1 a.m. Monday on Sharon Chase Drive. Police said they were responding to a 911 call reporting someone had been shot.
Officers said that when they arrived at the scene, they found an adult female and a 3-year-old female who both had been shot.
Officials said the adult female had been shot in the leg, and the 3-year-old had been grazed by a bullet in the foot.
MEDIC transported both victims to the hospital, where they are being treated for non-life threatening injuries.
A homicide detective told Channel 9 the gun was fired outside the apartment.
Two other apartments were hit by gunfire, but no one was reported injured.
No other information has been released at this time.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Search to resume for missing 1-year-old swept away by flood waters
- FLORENCE AFTERMATH: Swollen rivers near record levels as Florence looms
- 'He was a fighter in the beginning': 3-month-old killed when tree falls on Gaston Co. home
- WATCH: Keith Monday's Monday forecast outlook
- CMPD investigating after mother, 3-year-old injured in east Charlotte shooting
© 2019 Cox Media Group.