CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A Charlotte-Mecklenburg police officer was involved in a crash after responding to a disabled SUV in north Charlotte Sunday night.
The crash happened shortly after 9:30 p.m. along West W.T. Harris Boulevard and West Sugar Creek Road.
Police said the officer responded to a disabled SUV in the middle of the road. When the officer and driver were out of their cars talking, a third car slammed into the officer's patrol cruiser and then hit the disabled SUV in front of it.
Officials said the patrol car had its blue lights on when the crash happened.
No injuries were reported.
Authorities have not said if anyone will be cited in the crash.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for more information.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Police investigating after man shot in east Charlotte dies at hospital
- Suspected drunk driver hits 4 construction workers, killing 1 near Concord Mills
- Hotel evacuated after man fires gun inside nearby business, CMPD says
- Driver charged with DWI after hitting, killing man on I-277 in Charlotte, police say
- Driver intentionally hit, killed 79-year-old woman at Matthews grocery store, police say
© 2019 Cox Media Group.