CHARLOTTE, N.C. - A shooting in broad daylight Sunday along a busy Charlotte freeway left investigators searching for the person who fired the shots.
According to the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department, there was a confrontation between two men at the Citgo gas station on Statesville Road at 5:50 p.m.
The victim left the gas station in a car and was followed by the suspect onto Interstate 85, detectives said.
CMPD told Channel 9 the suspect shot at the victim’s vehicle while both were driving on I-85 near the Beatties Ford Road exit. The victim’s vehicle was hit multiple times, but he was not hurt.
At the same time, a woman driving northbound on I-85 had her windows shot out. She had three children with her in the car at the time, but fortunately, nobody in the car was hurt.
Police said no arrests have been made.
The man who was the intended target told Eyewitness News reporter Briana Harper that he’s hopeful surveillance video from the gas station where the incident began will help police make a quick arrest.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Machete-wielding man attacks hikers on Appalachian Trail, leaving one dead
- CMPD: 3 in custody after man stabbed during armed robbery in uptown
- Two cars hit by bullets on I-85, including one with 3 children inside
- FORECAST: Gorgeous pattern takes shape after weekend storms
- Savannah police officer from Charlotte shot, killed investigating robbery
© 2019 Cox Media Group.