CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department said they've arrested a suspect after a man was shot to death in west Charlotte Sunday.
Police said they’ve charged Anthony Qashawn Walker, 26, in connection with the shooting.
(Anthony Qashawn Walker)
Officers were called to Catherine Simmons Avenue near La Salle Street around 1 p.m. where they found Daimeon Terrell Johnson, 40, suffering from a gunshot wound.
According to MEDIC, Johnson was shot in the torso and rushed to Atrium Carolinas Medical Center with life-threatening injuries. Officers confirmed around 8 p.m. that Johnson did not survive the shooting and they were handling the case as a homicide investigation.
Channel 9 was the first local news station at the scene and watched as several officers canvassed the area for evidence.
Police said they later identified Walker as a suspect. He’s charged with murder.
This is an ongoing investigation. Check back with wsoctv.com for updates.
Read more top trending stories on wsoctv.com:
- Charlotte sees its 3rd deadly shooting Sunday
- Missing teen who fell off boat on Mountain Island Lake found dead
- Matthews police say missing 11-year-old girl was found safe
- 2 shot at east Charlotte apartment complex
- CMPD: Victim rushed to hospital after west Charlotte shooting
- Maine police: Missing boys may be in the Carolinas
© 2019 Cox Media Group.